Monday, April 14, 2008

Don't leave.

Sweat glistening on your forehead,
Could barely breathe as you moved forward,
Had been waiting for this for such a long time,
Yet could not speak as your lips left mine,
I lay there in front of you, naked, bare,
Our eyes locked in an intense stare,
Our breathing in rhythm, our heartbeats too,
No one else mattered, it was just me and you.
Whispered that I couldn't imagine anything better,
I had never felt this way before, never,
I couldn't blink for the fear,
That everything would just disappear.

I pull you close and clench my eyes shut
,
Holding on to as much as I could but,
When I opened my eyes, they were still wet,
From crying about the boy I had met,
Who spoke with confidence and passion,
Winning my heart in barely a second,
I should have listened to the little voice,
It said, it's not too late, you still have a choice,
Before you get in too deep, leave,
But I stayed and gave all I could give.

All it took you was one phone call,
Say a few words and end it all,
Loved everything, even the way you said my name,
But to you, it was nothing but a game.
Why, why did you leave me and go away?
I know I often went astray,
Sorry for all the things I say,
From now on it's all your way.

I crave you, to touch your skin,
It feels so good it must be sin,
With you, I feel so light,
Doing something wrong has never felt so right,
Perhaps you are right just this time,
We should let go and everything will be fine,
But don't leave me now, please don't
Cause I'm the girl you're meant to save.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home